Deeper learning in the arts beyond the classroom
Hub Schools are a place where students in years 7-10 can come every week to work with other like-minded students equally passionate about Music, Dance and Drama and to study with the best teachers and industry practitioners.
Taught by a combination of fully qualified teachers and highly skilled professional practitioners, each course of study provides the following:
- Vocational Education and Training qualifications recognised under the National Qualifications Framework
- Alignment of NSW Board of Studies outcomes in Stages 4 & 5 allowing for possible accelerated access to HSC Music, Dance and Drama
- Performance opportunities working with students of like interest and contemporary practicing artists.
The courses are designed to bring together students interested in excellence in performance. They are highly practical courses with a heavy emphasis on learning through performance preparation. Theoretical knowledge and technical skills are developed, however assessment is on the practical demonstration of knowledge and skill as a performer.
In 2019 Hub Schools will be available in the following locations (starting week 4 - term 1) :
- Parramatta Marist High School, Westmead (Music) – Starting Term 2 - Mondays 2:00pm - 3:30pm
- St John Paul II Catholic College, Schofields (Drama) – Tuesdays 2:00pm - 3:30pm
- Emmaus Catholic College, Kemps Creek (Dance) – Wednesdays 1:25pm - 2:55pm
If your school is interested in hosting a Hub School next year register your interest here.